Makes 2 servings.
Any type of fish (boneless): 100g
Water or chicken stock: 100ml
Hot Jelly Base: 3g (approx 1.5 teaspoon)
Protein powder: 6g (1 sachet)
Cooking wine (e.g. Shaoxing/Hua diao): 1 tablespoon
Sugar: 0.5 tablespoon
Protein powder: 3g (0.5 sachet)
Hot water: 20ml
Toromi smile: 0.3g (1/10 sachet)Method
- Place fish and water/soup stock into blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for fish. Blend again for 1 minute.
- Pour the blended mixture into a pan and heat it up until boiling point.
- Switch off the heat and pour hot mixture into a food mould/baking tray.
- Let the mixture cool down and pour solidified fish fillet onto a plate.
- Cut into bite-size portions.
To make thickened gravy,
- Add protein powder to hot water and stir until combined.
- Add Toromi smile to the mixture and stir until thickener is well incorporated.
- It will take a while to thicken. Wait for 10 minutes and stir again. You should see the gravy thickening up the second time you stir.