Dietary fibre is important for our digestive system. It also controls our blood sugar levels and prevents insulin spikes.
Unfortunately, most people don’t get enough of it in their meals, causing constipation and bloating. This is especially common in the elderly because they find fibrous food like vegetables hard to chew. Many people who rely on tube-feeding also don't get much fiber from their liquid diet.
Even young and healthy individuals lack fibre as restaurants/kopitiams rarely serve enough vegetables.
Over time, you may end up with constipation and piles. Many people then resort to laxatives which leads to dependency over time, where bowels no longer respond to the drug. This creates more serious problems and discomfort.
Rather than solving the symptom, why not target the root of the problem by using a fibre supplement?
Sunfiber (also known as PHGG- partially hydrolyzed guar gum) is unique because:
- It reduces constipation AND manages occasional diarrhoea. This is because Sunfiber is a pre-biotic that restores the balance of microflora in your intestines.
- It lowers cholesterol levels
- Supports weight management. Take before meals to reduce the GI of food and help you stay full longer.
- Treats symptoms of IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- It improves the absorption of minerals, including magnesium, calcium, and zinc, unlike other fibres which decrease absorption.
- When added to cakes, white rice and bread, Sunfiber reduces their glycemic index (GI) and regulates your blood sugar. No more worrying about high blood sugar levels. Useful for pregnant women at risk of gestational diabetes, or diabetic individuals who want to reduce the GI of their foods.
Sunfiber is also superior to other fibre supplements because:
- It’s 100% pure PHGG, unlike products that merely “contain PHGG”.
- It's invisible. Sunfiber is tasteless and odourless whereas all other fibre supplements are lumpy, gritty, and unappetizing. Enjoy the original taste of your drinks without realising that Sunfiber is in there.
- It doesn’t lead to excess gas, bloating or cramping that many fibre supplements cause.
- It dissolves quickly with any type of beverage, soups, or food. No need to spend time stirring and dealing with lumps. Because it dissolves so well, it can be used in tube-feeding without clogging the tube.
All of these are possible because Sunfiber is made using a patented Japanese technology by Taiyo Labo. Due to its unique qualities and benefits, Sunfiber is increasingly being incorporated into food products around the world, even by the largest global brands.
Note: Many other products may claim to contain Sunfiber but this is often in small amounts. What you'll be getting here is 100% Sunfiber and 100% of its benefits.
Other info about Sunfiber:
- Free from allergens
- 100% Gluten Free
- Safe even for babies and pregnant women
- Non-GMO ( Genetically Modified Organism)
- Certified Kosher
Add 2 heaping teaspoons / 1 sachet of Sunfiber to any beverage (water/milk/tea/coffee/juice/soup) or food of your choice. Stir for a few seconds. Tip: To prevent wastage, add Sunfiber to the amount of liquid/food that you can consume. This ensures that you're getting the full quantity of Sunfiber.
For tube-feeding, dissolve Sunfiber completely in water, then pour it into the feeding tube. Very useful in reducing diarrhoea for those on a liquid diet.
Ingredients: 100% Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum (PHGG)
Serving size: 6 g
Servings per package: 30
|Qty per serving||Qty per 100g|
|Energy||12.4 kcal||207 kcal|
|Protein||0 g||0 g|
|Total fat||0 g||0 g|
|Carbohydrate||0.5 g||8.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||5 g||83.3 g|
|Sodium||6 mg||100 mg|
|Potassium||15.6 mg||260 mg|
1. What is Sunfiber?
Sunfiber is a soluble dietary fiber made from guar beans. It can be added to a wide variety of foods, beverages and supplements. Sunfiber does not change the flavour, colour, texture, or aroma of the products to which it is added. It’s a quick & easy way to increase fiber in your diet using your favourite foods and beverages.
2. What does hydrolyzed mean?
Hydrolyzation is a process that uses enzymes to break down guar gum down into tiny particles. This reduces the viscosity (thickness) of guar gum and helps it to dissolve easily. As a result, when Sunfiber is mixed into beverages, it becomes undetectable even though it retains its original fiber content.
3. What is the recommended dosage for fiber?
The Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for fiber is 25 grams per day, based on a 2,000 calorie diet. The average dietary intake is approximately 11 grams per day.
4. How do I know if my body needs more fiber?
Most adults do not get the recommended daily requirement of dietary fiber: 25 grams for women and 38 grams for men. Some signs of fiber insufficiency include constipation, flatulence, frequent upset stomach and haemorrhoids.
5. It is known that fiber can help with constipation, but can it improve diarrhea?
Typically not, however, with Sunfiber there is a true regulating effect helping with both constipation and diarrhoea. Sunfiber binds excess water and tends to add more bulk to the stool. Sunfiber also has a prebiotic effect that helps to improve the status of the microflora in the digestive system.
6. Is Sunfiber a prebiotic?
Sunfiber is a Prebiotic fiber that is unique in comparison to other non-galactomannan based fibers. A prebiotic fiber is one that produces “short chain fatty acids” (SCFA) in the gut via a fermentation process. The rate of production of SCFAs is very important. If fermentation occurs rapidly (as is the case with Inulin and other soluble fibers) the result is an excess of uncomfortable bloating and flatulence. The fermentation process of Sunfiber is extremely slow resulting in a higher total amount of SCFAs that are produced over a greater period of time, leading to significantly less gas, bloating, and discomfort.
7. Can Sunfiber be used in cooking?
Yes. Sunfiber can be added to recipes for baked goods as well as savoury foods without affecting their taste, aroma or consistency. It is also an excellent smoothie ingredient.
8. Are there any side effects to consuming Sunfiber?
No, as Sunfiber is made from an all-natural food product, guar beans, there are no side effects associated with it.
9. Is this product similar to a laxative?
No. Sunfiber works to reduce constipation and diarrhoea because it solves the root of the problem - a lack of dietary fiber and poor intestinal environment. In contrast, laxatives do not achieve this effect and over time, you'll require a higher dosage in order for your body to respond.
10. How long must I wait to see results?
Since this is not a drug, it will take time for our body to regulate itself and get used to consuming enough fiber. Typically, our clients will be able to achieve regular bowel movements in about 2 weeks' time. Do note that this assumes they are taking enough fiber each day.
What payment options do you offer?
We accept credit/debit card payments. You do not need a Paypal account for this.
How much does shipping cost?
Shipping costs a flat rate of $7 regardless of how much you purchase. Alternatively, you may wish to collect your package from our showroom. There will be no delivery charge for self-collection. We are located at:
16 Woodlands Terrace, Singapore 738441.
How many days will it take for my order to reach me?
Delivery within Singapore takes 3 working days. Our delivery team will arrive either between 10:00-12:00 or 14:00-16:00. We will call you 1 to 2 days beforehand to arrange your preferred delivery day.
For self-collection, your package will be ready for collection within 2 working days.
Are there discounts if I purchase regularly?
We offer discount codes from time to time so do subscribe to our mailing list and be the first to know when there's a good deal coming up!
Do you ship outside of Singapore?
We also ship to Malaysia and Indonesia for now. Please contact us for a shipping quote.
Soft Fruit Cup
Is your loved one not eating enough during mealtimes? Not drinking a full 8 cups of water either? Try serving a fruity cup jelly to help him/her obtain more energy and stay hydrated. It contains 150...
Simmered Vegetable Puree
Vegetables are so important for us. They provide essential vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber. Yet, it's one of the least consumed foods in our diet. This results in constipation and nutritional problems. One of the...
Okunosu Vegetable Mash
The elderly may find it hard to consume vegetables due to chewing difficulty. To make it easier for them, caregivers sometimes choose to chop the vegetables into small pieces or process them in a blender. Our...