Cold Mousse Base (1kg) - 500 servings
Making pureed fruits and vegetables is a challenge. The juices and pulp often separate, resulting in a mixed texture that's unsafe for people with difficulty swallowing.For easier swallowing, add the Cold Mousse Base powder to blended fruits and vegetables. It binds the mixture to create a uniformly textured mousse. You can also use it to thicken up blended food and present them in different shapes so as to make your dishes look more appealing.
- 1kg per pack (makes 500 x 200g servings of pureed fruit/vegetables. )
- Cold Mousse Base powder is tasteless and colourless.
- Can be used with any food less than 40 degrees C.
- Check out our recipe page for ideas on cooking for dysphagia.
Click here for printable instructions.
Servings per package: 500
Serving size: 2g
Qty per serving
Qty per 100g
Dextrin, Polysaccharide thickener, Edible gums.
As a guide, use 1.5 - 2% of Cold Mousse Base powder.
For example, if your blender contains 50g of broccoli + 50ml of water (total weight of ingredients = 100g), use 1.5g of Cold Mousse Base powder.
|Weight of ingredients||Volume of water to add||Amount of Cold Mousse Base to add|
|Meat/Fish/Vegetables with little moisture (e.g. broccoli, peas, potatoes, bananas)||50g||50ml||1.0~1.5g|
|Vegetables with a lot of moisture/juicy fruits
(e.g. strawberries, watermelon, spinach, kangkong)
1. Will my food thin down over time?
No. Cold Mousse Base is very stable and it is not affected by your saliva. Therefore, it will not thin down over time.
2. How do I store Cold Mousse Base once the packet has been opened?
Cold Mousse Base comes with a ziplock closure. Store it in a cool, dry place for freshness. If your home tends to be very warm, you can store it in the fridge.
3. Can I heat the thickened product?
It is not advisable to heat the thickened product because it will become harder when it cools down again. Please enjoy your food immediately after cooking.
4. What equipment do I have to use when adding Cold Mousse Base thickener?
We recommend using electric mixers and blenders. Hand mixers might incorporate the Cold Mousse base well enough for it to perform as it should. Therefore, the product might not be able to thicken your food very well.
5. The finished product does not seem to thicken well. Why is that so?
This could be due to several reasons:
- For food containing starch: Please add more water and cook at 40 ℃ or higher.
- For high moisture foods: The finished product will tend to be soft. Slowly add more Cold Mousse base, bit by bit. Do not add excessive amount at one go.
- In the case of food containing high fat/oil: The finished product will tend to be soft. Slowly add more Cold Mousse base, bit by bit. Do not add excessive amount at one go.
What payment options do you offer?
We accept credit/debit card payments. You do not need a Paypal account for this.
How much does shipping cost?
Shipping costs a flat rate of $7 regardless of how much you purchase. Alternatively, you may wish to collect your package from our showroom. There will be no delivery charge for self-collection. We are located at:
16 Woodlands Terrace, Singapore 738441.
How many days will it take for my order to reach me?
Delivery within Singapore takes 3 working days. Our delivery team will arrive either between 10:00-12:00 or 14:00-16:00. We will call you 1 to 2 days beforehand to arrange your preferred delivery day.
For self-collection, your package will be ready for collection within 2 working days.
Are there discounts if I purchase regularly?
We offer discount codes from time to time so do subscribe to our mailing list and be the first to know when there's a good deal coming up!
Do you ship outside of Singapore?
We also ship to Malaysia and Indonesia for now. Please contact us for a shipping quote.
Bread Porridge (Contains 20 servings)
Description This is an excellent replacement for regular porridge or oats, which often do not provide enough energy to the elderly. It also makes a great tea time snack and can be served on its...
Protein Mousse Dessert
Description This instant mix gives you a boost of energy, protein, and calcium. Just add milk and stir! To serve as ice cream, store in the fridge for 30 mins. This yummy dessert makes a...
Ion Support Fruit Jelly
Don't like using thickener and not drinking a full 8 cups of water each day? The Ion Support Fruit Jelly is perfect for you. Developed in collaboration with healthcare experts, real patients, and food technologists, this jelly helps...