Cold Mousse Base (1kg) - 500 servings
Making pureed fruits and vegetables is a challenge. The juices and pulp often separate, resulting in a mixed texture that's unsafe for people with difficulty swallowing.
- 1kg per pack (makes 500 x 200g servings of pureed fruit/vegetables. )
- Cold Mousse Base powder is tasteless and colourless.
- Can be used with any food less than 40 degrees C.
- Check out our recipe page for ideas on cooking for dysphagia.
Click here for printable instructions.
Servings per package: 500
Serving size: 2g
Qty per serving
Qty per 100g
Dextrin, Polysaccharide thickener, Edible gums.
As a guide, use 1.5 - 2% of Cold Mousse Base powder.
For example, if your blender contains 50g of broccoli + 50ml of water (total weight of ingredients = 100g), use 1.5g of Cold Mousse Base powder.
|Weight of ingredients||Volume of water to add||Amount of Cold Mousse Base to add|
|Meat/Fish/Vegetables with little moisture (e.g. broccoli, peas, potatoes, bananas)||50g||50ml||1.0~1.5g|
|Vegetables with a lot of moisture/juicy fruits
(e.g. strawberries, watermelon, spinach, kangkong)
1. Will my food thin down over time?
No. Cold Mousse Base is very stable and it is not affected by your saliva. Therefore, it will not thin down over time.
2. How do I store Cold Mousse Base once the packet has been opened?
Cold Mousse Base comes with a ziplock closure. Store it in a cool, dry place for freshness. If your home tends to be very warm, you can store it in the fridge.
3. Can I heat the thickened product?
It is not advisable to heat the thickened product because it will become harder when it cools down again. Please enjoy your food immediately after cooking.
4. What equipment do I have to use when adding Cold Mousse Base thickener?
We recommend using electric mixers and blenders. Hand mixers might incorporate the Cold Mousse base well enough for it to perform as it should. Therefore, the product might not be able to thicken your food very well.
5. The finished product does not seem to thicken well. Why is that so?
This could be due to several reasons:
- For food containing starch: Please add more water and cook at 40 ℃ or higher.
- For high moisture foods: The finished product will tend to be soft. Slowly add more Cold Mousse base, bit by bit. Do not add excessive amount at one go.
- In the case of food containing high fat/oil: The finished product will tend to be soft. Slowly add more Cold Mousse base, bit by bit. Do not add excessive amount at one go.
Toromi Smile Clear Beverage Thickener
Description People with swallowing problems need to use thickeners in their soups, beverages, and gravies. This is because thickeners help to make liquids travel at a slower rate down our throats, thus reducing the risk...
Dietary fibre is important for our digestive system. Unfortunately, most people don’t get enough of it in their meals, causing constipation and bloating. This is especially common in the elderly because they find fibrous food like vegetables hard...
Hot Jelly Base - contains 250 servings
People with difficulty swallowing often complain that food sticks to the back of their throat. The Hot Jelly Base powder contains a special enzyme that removes any stickiness for easy swallowing. Additionally, you could add this thickener...