Dietary fibre is important for our digestive system.
Unfortunately, most people don’t get enough of it in their meals, causing constipation and bloating. This is especially common in the elderly because they find fibrous food like vegetables hard to chew. Many people who rely on tube-feeding also do not get much fiber from their liquid diet.
Finally, even young and healthy adults who eat out frequently may consume insufficient fibre as restaurants/kopitiams rarely serve a large portion of vegetables.
Over time, you may end up with constipation and a feeling of bloatedness. This can reduce a person's appetite and lead to malnutrition. Chronic constipation and overuse of laxatives also lead to dependency, where bowels no longer respond to laxatives. This creates more serious problems and discomfort over time.
Rather than solving the symptom, why not target the root of the problem instead by using a fibre supplement?
Sunfiber is unique because:
- It reduces constipation AND manages occasional diarrhoea. This is because Sunfiber is a pre-biotic that restores the balance of microflora in your intestines.
- It lowers cholesterol levels
- It manages your weight
- Treats symptoms of IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- It improves the absorption of minerals, including magnesium, calcium, and zinc, unlike other fibres which decrease absorption.
- Regulates blood sugar by decreasing the Glycemic Index (GI) of foods. Add it to cakes, white rice and bread without worrying about high blood sugar levels. Useful for pregnant women who are worried about gestational diabetes, or diabetic individuals who want to reduce the GI of their foods.
Sunfiber is also superior to other fibre supplements because:
- It's invisible. Sunfiber is tasteless and odourless whereas other fibre supplements are lumpy, gritty, and unappetizing. Enjoy the original taste of your drinks without realising that Sunfiber is in there.
- It doesn’t lead to excess gas, bloating or cramping that many fibre supplements cause.
- It dissolves quickly with any type of beverage, soups, or food. No need to spend time stirring and dealing with lumps. Because it dissolves so well, it can be used in tube-feeding without clogging the tube.
All of these are possible because Sunfiber is made from 100% guar gum, processed using a patented Japanese technology by Taiyo Labo. Because of its unique qualities and benefits, Sunfiber is increasingly being incorporated into food products around the world, even by the largest global brands.
Note: Many other products may claim to contain Sunfiber but this is often in small amounts. What you'll be getting here is 100% Sunfiber and 100% of its benefits.
Other info about Sunfiber:
- Free from allergens
- 100% Gluten Free
- Safe even for babies and pregnant women
- Non-GMO ( Genetically Modified Organism)
- Certified Kosher
Add 2 heaping teaspoons / 1 sachet of Sunfiber to any beverage (water/milk/tea/coffee/juice/soup) or food of your choice. Stir for a few seconds.
For tube-feeding, dissolve Sunfiber completely in water, then pour it into the feeding tube.
Ingredients: 100% Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum (PHGG)
Serving size: 6 g
Servings per package: 30
|Qty per serving||Qty per 100g|
|Energy||12.4 kcal||207 kcal|
|Protein||0 g||0 g|
|Total fat||0 g||0 g|
|Carbohydrate||0.5 g||8.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||5 g||83.3 g|
|Sodium||6 mg||100 mg|
|Potassium||15.6 mg||260 mg|
1. What is Sunfiber?
Sunfiber is a galactomannan-based soluble dietary fiber made from hydrolyzed guar gum. It is a versatile powder that can be easily added to a wide variety of foods, beverages and supplements. Sunfiber does not change the flavour, colour, texture, or aroma of the products to which it is added. It offers an easy way to increase fiber in the diet using consumers' favourite foods and beverages.
2. What does hydrolyzed mean?
Hydrolyzation is an enzymatic process that breaks guar gum down into smaller units. This greatly reduces its viscosity (thickness) of guar gum and allows the particles to dissolve more easily while maintaining the original fiber content.
3. What is the recommended dosage for fiber?
The Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for fiber is 25 grams per day, based on a 2,000 calorie diet. The average dietary intake is approximately 11 grams per day.
4. How do I know if my body needs more fiber?
Most adults do not get the recommended daily requirement of dietary fiber: 25 grams for women and 38 grams for men. Some signs of fiber insufficiency include constipation, flatulence, frequent upset stomach and haemorrhoids.
5. It is known that fiber can help with constipation, but can it improve diarrhea?
Typically not, however, with Sunfiber there is a true regulating effect helping with both constipation and diarrhoea. Sunfiber binds excess water and tends to add more bulk to the stool. Sunfiber also has a prebiotic effect that helps to improve the status of the microflora in the digestive system.
6. Is Sunfiber a prebiotic?
Sunfiber is a Prebiotic fiber that is unique in comparison to other non-galactomannan based fibers. A prebiotic fiber is one that produces “short chain fatty acids” (SCFA) in the gut via a fermentation process. The rate of production of SCFAs is very important. If fermentation occurs rapidly (as is the case with Inulin and other soluble fibers) the result is an excess of uncomfortable bloating and flatulence. The fermentation process of Sunfiber is extremely slow resulting in a higher total amount of SCFAs that are produced over a greater period of time, leading to significantly less gas, bloating, and discomfort.
7. Can Sunfiber be used in cooking?
Yes. Sunfiber can be added to recipes for baked goods as well as savoury foods without affecting their taste, aroma or consistency. It is also an excellent smoothie ingredient.
8. Are there any side effects to consuming Sunfiber?
No, as Sunfiber is made from an all-natural food product, guar beans, there are no side effects associated with it.
9. Is this product similar to a laxative?
No. Sunfiber works to reduce constipation and diarrhoea because it solves the root of the problem - a lack of dietary fiber and poor intestinal environment. In contrast, laxatives do not achieve this effect and over time, you'll require a higher dosage in order for your body to respond.
10. How long must I wait to see results?
Since this is not a drug, it will take time for our body to regulate itself and get used to consuming enough fiber. Typically, our clients will be able to achieve regular bowel movements in about 2 weeks' time. Do note that this assumes they are taking enough fiber each day.
What payment options do you offer?
We accept credit/debit card payments. You do not need a Paypal account for this.
How much does shipping cost?
Shipping costs a flat rate of $7 regardless of how much you purchase. Alternatively, you may wish to collect your package from our showroom. There will be no delivery charge for self-collection. We are located at:
16 Woodlands Terrace, Singapore 738441.
How many days will it take for my order to reach me?
Delivery within Singapore takes 3 working days. Our delivery team will arrive either between 10:00-12:00 or 14:00-16:00. We will call you 1 to 2 days beforehand to arrange your preferred delivery day.
For self-collection, your package will be ready for collection within 2 working days.
Are there discounts if I purchase regularly?
We offer discount codes from time to time so do subscribe to our mailing list and be the first to know when there's a good deal coming up!
Do you ship outside of Singapore?
We also ship to Malaysia and Indonesia for now. Please contact us for a shipping quote.